Today’s Gen Y job hunters won’t take time to read your job description until they have a reason to. Yep, job descriptions are just not compelling enough. And Gen Y’s will not take time to polish up their resume’ and apply for your position until you have satisfied their own interests. So forget the job description. It is a process to woo them. And first you MUST find a way to draw them to your job posting.
Over the last few years, Keercutter has learned what Gen Y’s are interested in:
• Flexible work hours
• A culture of collaboration, engagement and respect
• A boss who mentors and guides them
• A balance between work and personal life
• And last but not least, they want to understand the total compensation package BEFORE they say yes to the next step
So we recommend that you find a compelling way to address those interests first. Here are some examples of ways to draw them in:
• Employees stay with us because
• If you enjoy having 3 Saturdays a month off
• Work from home one day a week
• If you enjoy having fun while you work with a dynamic team…. Or
• If you have a high passion for
• Award winning designers work here
• Your credentials are important to us – We pay for CEU’s
• We offer excellent sales support
• Flexible hours
• Signing bonus for the right candidate. Is that candidate you?
• We volunteer in our surrounding communities
We will be attending #KBIS2015 next week, if you would like to learn more. Call Lynn @ 641.243.8352 or Brian @641.243.8353.